Old and New — Not in Any Particular order.
Old and New — Not in Any Particular order.
2014 was a mix of the good times and the bad times, but mostly good times. This year I got to do many things, travel to different places with my boyfriend, friends, and family, and so much more that I will be sharing. Here are the highlights of my year in no particular order:
– My lovely friend/sister surprised me with Boston Red Sox Baseball tickets for my birthday🙂
– Got into my first relationship with a lovely man and still going strong.
– Went to a couple of Basketball Games – Toronto Raptors,
– Went to a Soccer game Toronto FC With my boyfriend and good friends in New Jersey/New York
– Traveled to New York City / New Jersey
– Traveled to Boston, Massachusetts
– Traveled to Varadero, Cuba and Cayo Coco, Cuba
– Traveled to Ottawa, Canada
– Traveled to Niagara Falls
– Went aircraft Spotting at Toronto Pearson Airport Several Times
– Created beautiful memories with my loved ones throughout the year
– Went to an Airport Street Festival where I got up close and Personal with Toronto Pearson YYZ
– Went Mini Putting with great friends.
That is about it for now… I can’t think of anything else. There was so much that happened.
—- Have a happy New Year and great 2015. Wishing you all the best.
In November of 2014 after the anticipation and impatiently waiting for my southern destination vacation to Cayo Coco, Cuba from November 27 to December 4, 2014 to Memories Flamenco Beach Resort, I automatically fell in love with it when I saw the pictures and did extensive research about Memories Resorts. From the moment I landed and arrived at Jardines Del Rey Airport in Cayo Coco with Sunwing Airlines, I knew it was going to be an excellent week. I just felt it from Toronto Pearson’s YYZ Airport.
As we had checked into Cuba after the customs/Aduana, We ventured off to the Transgaviota Bus to take us to Memories Flamenco Resort, but before we boarded the bus, our rooms and wristbands for the week was all ready for us and very well organized and prepared. From then on, I fell in love with the resort and the excellent service so far. As we arrived to Memories, we were greeted with a welcome cocktail drink in the front lobby area before getting our baggage and the memories Managers and team leaders greeted us happily with friendly smiles which warmed my heart. They are beautiful people whom I had the pleasure of meeting and spending this beautiful week with, which went by so quickly.
All vacations go by so quickly. The resort was so beautiful, everything, the layout, the convenience and everything was greatly thought of. Everything is close by with the bars, restaurants, lobby, the pool, the beach, and easy access to everywhere which was incredible. The food was delicious, clean and the bartenders, waiters and the cooks worked so hard, quickly and efficiently. The place is so spotless and everything is awesome. I also love how the managers, the resort administration staff, the customer service managers were walking all around the resort to ensure that everybody is having a fabulous time and everything is well taken care of.
I couldn’t believe how fast the bartenders, and waiters were. They were faster than the speed of lightning. I do not know how they have so much energy to do that for so many hours. They work so hard and come to work everyday from Ciego De Avila or Moron cities which they travel an hour and a half each way just to make ends meet. They only make so much in a month, and they are always happy and smiling and with a great attitude. They are so friendly and give great customer service. I appreciate them so much and I thank them. God bless them all and continue to give them energy. It is not easy to take care of so many guests, their requests and everything. It is not easy to tend to so many people at once. I have a tremendous respect for each and everyone of them. I was so observant the whole vacation and I tell you, It was awesome.
Our rooms were spotless, everyday I would get freshly washed towels, mopped floors, the bathroom and beds were super clean with new sheets, as well as my fridge stocked daily with water, cola’s, beer/Cristal cervesa’s, and everyday I’d walk into beautiful decorated towels with flowers on them. I was amazed. Best resort I have been to in all the times I have been to Cuba. This was my 12th trip to Cuba. this was by far the best. The resort was super clean with cleaners and housekeepers working around the clock to upkeep the resort. The public washrooms were spotless, the staff presence 24 hours a day was comforting as well.
There are some points though that need to be improved, but its just the beach area needs a little work, which I am told that it is still under construction because its a new resort of over 4 years old and they will be completing it within the year and then just the lighting around the walk ways and the pool area so people will not slip and fall, but no other issues… They will be working on all of that which I heard.
I made new friends from parts of Ontario and Quebec also from the UK, and partied at the disco, got to enjoy the snack bar and all the restaurants, the a la carte restaurants which I booked from the first day and got to enjoy the whole resort. A week sometimes is not enough. 2 weeks is the best way to really enjoy it all thoroughly without rushing to do everything all in one week. Time permitting and it depends on a person’s personal budget and finances and convenience of course. it all depends on your preference.
The entertainment, disco, the nightly shows and audience participation was excellent, there is a Cuban night where people learn about Cuba and then the entertainers give us traditional Cuban dances and give us a crash course on Cuban culture and history.
Everything else is excellent and excellent does not even describe this beautiful resort. Unfortunately when it came time to the last day to leave the warm tropical weather, 3 bus loads of people who were on our flight back to Toronto, The resort manager and other managers greeted us farewell by putting on their memories resorts theme song and gave us a speech before we took off to the airport which left an unforgettable and long lasting impression on my family and I. I cannot wait until I return back to Cuba and to Memories. I am impatiently waiting until my next voyage. I give this resort a 6 star. Not a 4 and a half to 5 stars. Thank you Memories Flamenco resort staff. You all put the most beautiful touch to an awesome and lovely week in warm weather and so much more.
Thank you for giving us memories to cherish for the rest of our lives.
Do you go on all inclusive resorts? Do you travel to sunny destinations for a getaway to relax and enjoy the hot weather? What resort have you been to? Did you enjoy it as much as I did? Would love to hear your stories.
When we are planning or have planned a trip whether its an airline, resort, hotel, city, and the whole travel experience, were all intrigued, interested and wonder what the experience will be like, so if not most of us or all of us tend to venture out to the internet to find information on star ratings, hotel ratings, it amenities and more, however as much as we read people’s reviews, the ratings and all that, it is important to be your own judge to rate your travel experience yourself. You cannot go with what everybody else says. you need to form your own opinion.
As I have stated before, that yes doing research is a must to further prepare yourself for your trips, however do not go to review sites to research as it can be misleading. Go to real travel websites to find out information, Go to airline websites, and Federal Governmental Travel websites to find the correct information on Visa’s, Travel Documents, Travel Advisories, what countries to avoid, what the country laws are. So important to always go right to the source for information, not by what others share, then you will be problem free. People go above and beyond sometimes of what they write online on these travel advisor sites.
Enjoy your travel, be safe and have fun.🙂 Bon Voyage!
for 21 and half years now, traveling has been a big part of my life with having the opportunity to visit many places around the world from most of the Caribbean, To few countries in Europe to visiting my homeland Armenia, visiting many US Destinations, Across Canada and more. I have had the opportunity to fly on many different types of Airlines, Going to different types of airports, traveled on cruise ships, went on road trips and just basically to live life to the fullest extent, to enjoy life and to make most of it exploring and being in the action. I love keeping travel brochures, aviation brochures, and collecting plane models.
That is why I have so much travel knowledge, efficient ways to travel, giving people advice, hassle free tips, and so much more. My friends and family always ask me for travel advice no matter where the destination and form of travel it is. You can as well. I am just an e-mail message and comment away. Traveling is a big passion of mine as you are observing now. It has been for 2 decades and counting. I love going to the airport and getting on a plane. I love experiencing the take off of the plane and the landing. I love the acceleration of the plane so much, and I always get window seat, so I can look outside, even if I am flying over clouds. Its beautiful. Whenever I am at Pearson Airport in Toronto YYZ, It always gives me energy, even if its just being around there, dropping people off, picking people up and of course going into the airport and taking a flight out. It excites me all the time. I love terminal 3.
If you can travel, do it. It changes your life, your perspective and outlook on things. Traveling makes you more independent, aware, explorative, gives you knowledge, and so much more. When you are a well-traveled person, there will always be something to talk about, talking about the world, being more familiar with geography, learning new cities and towns, whether its a moment you experienced, the type of people you met, the part of the world that is different from home, the way people live life and much more.
I cannot wait to travel more in the future. It is one of the best things to do in life. Never be scared of traveling. I never am. No matter what I hear on the news. What do you enjoy about travel? What is traveling to you? Would love to hear from you. Safe and Happy travels!
In life one of the best things to do is to travel, see the world and to get out of our local geographical location to explore and see other walks of life. It is a beautiful and great feeling to hop on a plane, get into a car, get on a cruise ship and so much more to discover. for 21 years I am glad, fortunate and thankful that I got to experience and hopefully will experience more of traveling in future. Here are things that traveling does to you:
1. You become more aware of the world
2. You get much better at Geography
3. You get to see how people live, and handle day to day life.
4. you will come across different types of people, personalities, and they’re actions.
5. you will see different types of Money currency
6. You become more educated, learn about the country, town.
7. You learn how to travel, and experience an adventure
8. You gain a new perspective on life, when you see the world you appreciate things more as some countries in the world are in poverty and do not have enough to eat, a bed to sleep on, not a roof over their heads and much more, which then opens up peoples eyes to quit complaining about not having everything, because we do have everything. Some people around the world do not even have clean drinking water. (I know it doesn’t take materialism to make people happy in those impoverished 3rd world countries, because I do see that a lot of those people are happy with whatever they have when I traveled to see these villages) However as a kid it opened up my eyes, and that is why I am more caring, appreciative, fortunate, and thankful for what I have and materialism does not interest me one bit.
9. You learn about other cultures, heritage, beliefs, history, and more.
10. You learn how to be more confident, aware, and learn new things all the time when traveling
11. You get to hear different languages, see different gestures.
12. You will get to listen to different types of cultural music, and music that symbolizes that country, city, town
13. you will be more aware and develop skills for traveling, sharing your travel experience, what you saw, what you did, who you met. etc…
14. as you travel more, you get more excited to explore, even if its a tropical destination where you lay down at the beach, and take in the sun, sand, the salt ocean, sea water, and relaxing at a resort
15. When you go on cruise ships, you explore more than one country in one vacation, city, town, and several and few hours of touring, and enjoying the city, village, town and you will then say, Hey I have been there.
16. You will know a difference between a getaway and vacation. A getaway is somewhere to explore, and be adventurous, going to museums, churches, world landmarks, backpacking, and all the trips that involve intense touring, hustle, bustle, and a vacation is somewhere, where you relax all week at a resort, where you need some much needed rest and get refreshed.
17. lastly, traveling requires research before you leave. to make sure that you have the right documents, visas, passports that have no expired and that will teach you responsibility of handling your own documents, and making sure that you have everything up to date and you are ready to take this special and beautiful journey of travel. You will learn about the local laws of the destination you travel to.
Enjoy Traveling. Not many people get lucky to do it! So if you can travel, and explore the world, do it! Some people have never even seen an airport which I have encountered people like that in my life. Traveling changes you big time and gives you a new perspective on life.
When Traveling and going to the Airport, it is very important to keep yourself protected and safe at all times and I have the advice, tips and ways to protect yourself and your identity, as it is easy to obtain your information from your luggage contact tags. Here are ways you can protect yourself:
1. Never ever keep your baggage tags visible with your contact information sticking out for people to see. Always tuck in your contact information such as your phone number, e-mail, home address. Purchase Bright coloured tags, but like a sleeve pocket that is not invisible. Unfortunately You will be surprised on how much crime is committed and how many identities have been stolen in the past and possibly until now. So keep your information tucked in.
2. A lot of bags now are similar in colour, sizes, and can easily be taken by mistake by another passenger, make sure you have tags that you know and are aware of what bags are yours, or buy baggage that is a different colour. We now see a lot of black, brown, navy blue, red, and dark purple bags, but get out from the ordinary and get something that you will identify quickly.
3. Make sure that you print and put your contact information inside the baggage too in case your luggage information tag falls out. Heaven forbid if your baggage gets lost or is left behind at an airport and did not make it to the plane, they can identify who’s bag it is and will contact you.
4. Always make sure you jot down the make of your baggage, the size, colour, contents, and write down the description of all your travel baggages on paper so that in case if it gets lost or left behind hopefully not, you can go to baggage claim department at the airport or you can directly contact the airline and quickly give in the information without struggling to figure it out. They will give you a number of your baggage on a white sticker paper and will put one on the baggage so that they can locate the bag in the destination that it was lost in.
5. Never ever leave your baggage and personal belongings unattended before going to the airport, at the airport, and on your return flight and arrival. When you go to the washroom, take it inside the stall with you, when you are going around the shops, always keep one hand on your bag, never ever leave your bag behind you, unless when it has wheels that you wheel it with you when you are going to the gate or where ever at the airport. – Someone can easily put something in it or steal your bag.
6. After checking in for your flight at the airport, have your carry on luggage locked until you head to the security screening, and then after going through security always lock your carry-on luggage to protect your belongings. If you have a carry on purse only, this does not apply to you, but those who just have wheeled carry on bags.
7. When boarding your plane, make sure that your carry on baggage is visible to you when you put it up on the overhead compartment of the plane and remember where you put it, so that you can keep an eye on it in case somebody else mistakenly takes it after landing to the destination.
8. Never ever accept any closed or sealed packages or bags to deliver because you never know what is inside. Then you can be fined, charged, and commit a crime unknowingly, then you can say goodbye to your traveling days. Always ask the person, and open it for yourself. Better yet, do not even bother. If that person wants that stuff delivered, let them do so by a courier company or let that person deliver it themselves. Never accept the responsibility of taking someone elses stuff unless you see it for your own eyes and make sure that it is accepted by security and customs by doing research online.
9. Never keep your carry on baggage, purses, or personal items open. Always zip up your bags. Keep wallets, travel insurance documents, tickets and passports in the depths of your bag, but keep them together so that it takes only couple of seconds to get out from your bag, but never keep your passports and tickets on top of your bags and where its easy to be taken away. especially if you have money visible. Always keep that separate.
10. If you see or feel that anything is suspicious with a passenger or see something not right, right away tell your flight attendant, airport ground employees, security or whoever. Your name and yourself will be kept confidential. The eye in the sky will also monitor as well.
11. If you do fall asleep while at the gate waiting for your flight, always have your hands and your feet on your carry on baggage at all times especially if it is just you who is traveling and nobody else is with you, so that if you do feel like its being touched or something, you will wake up.
12. If some things are of great value to you, and if you have an emotional attachment to it, do not pack them in your carry on. best to keep it at home. Best bet is, do not bring valuables with you and expensive real jewelery with you or things that cost you a lot of money. Do not buy expensive carry on baggage or handbags or even your checked baggage.
13. Never pack medication, laptops, camera’s, small electronics in your checked baggage.
That is it, have a safe and great flight, but always keep in mind these tips to keep you safe and protected. It is very important. Also in daily life when you go out, always protect yourself and take extra measures to keep you and your personal belongings safe.