WARNING: The Following article I wrote may be offensive to some readers, so reader discretion is advised. These are just my suggestions and opinions on what to do at the airport and prior and after traveling.
I live and breathe travel, and when it comes time for talking about Airlines, Airports, Destinations, The right travel documents, baggage checks, baggage claims and anything about Toronto Pearson – GTAA (Greater Toronto Airports Authority) – YYZ I never stop. I love using the correct terminology such as tarmac, runway, gate, taxi, deicing, departures, arrivals. Anything. Love it. —-
Unfortunately when you go to the airport you see and hear about all kinds of passengers, the way they act, careless and stupid mistakes that could be corrected. We always have to have some people who are so clueless about the travel industry and yet they are the airport taking a flight out. No excuse, come prepared.. Here is what they need to do. YOU NEED TO DO YOUR RESEARCH Before boarding an airplane and knowing the rules of what to pack in your suitcase and carry on. Unfortunately not everyone has the common sense to make flying easy for themselves, so people complicate the situations more. You do not just go to the airport not knowing diddly squat….
Here is what you need to know…
1. You always need to check your passport expiration date, some places do not allow passengers with passports that will expire within 6 months. Do your research and renew your passport, BEFORE YOU FLY! Always have the correct documentation and your ticket with you! Can’t stress it enough! It is your responsibility to double triple check your documents.
2. When you read that you must be at the airport 3 hours before departure, don’t end up arriving an hour or hour and a half before the flight and expect to be boarded. You need to be security screened, by the time you walk to your gate, You could be denied boarding, and sometimes they let you on, but your baggage will not make it to the airplane, unless its put with over size bags or Bags that need to be rushed over, but FAT Chance of that happening. BE ON TIME!! If you are known to be TARDY, DON’T! PLANES Don’t wait for you unless its extremely important that they do!
3. Pack smart, be neat, organized and pack well and pack breakables into layers of clothing or wrap them in clothing, and always READ and Research Guidelines and what to bring in carry on luggage with you, also Carry On Sizes, Baggage Sizes, Rules and Regulations on Children Traveling! Don’t assume, look at the website, call the Airport security screening office to find out. Saves lots of hassle at the screening area. Pack your bags neatly and pin point everything you have for easy access for ticket, document, or anything that could be asked at security screening. You will then be disappointed that half your carry on is confiscated. BE SMART WILL YA!
4. For heaven sake, don’t dilly dally around at the airport and make 150-230 less or plus passengers to wait for one or two people to board the plane when its supposed to depart at the right time, like say its supposed to taxi out of the gate and head to the runway at 4:30, but doesn’t go until past 5. It annoys me when you gotta wait for one person to get on. RESPECT THE TIME, Sit by the doors by your airplane gate and FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS…. Take responsibility by looking at the time. OH We have 20 minutes to board, oh we have half an hour to board. Don’t go off and browse through the shops when you know you have to be on the plane at a certain time. STAY Put unless nature calls.. That is why sometimes flights get delayed, because it can be due to a discrepancy with a passenger or passengers.
5. Obey Airport Personnel, and Security, besides they are the ones who will or will not permit you on flights, so do as they say, do not cause trouble, and go on about your day. There will always be someone who has to ruin it for others. No wonder why security is ever so tight now at Airports, because of someone elses stupidity.
6. Flight attendants on board the planes are trained to do their job and make sure everybody is taken care of, and do the best to keep everybody safe. You may not like that one particular person who is taking care of the flight, passengers, and well being, If they request that you do something, or give up your baggage for them to help you put up your bag or something when they tell you, you are not allowed to put it under the seat in front of you, telling you to fasten your seat belt, telling you to put your tray up, telling you to turn off your phone and electronic devices. Obey them, respect them because the bottom line is, that if you are not respectful, and follow the rules, That flight will leave without you, and in some cases there have been people who have been barred from traveling because of their behavior. Show some respect, common courtesy to those around you.
7. For heaven sake, when you land and the plane is taxi-ing to the gate, People are already up from their seats blocking the aisle and ready to leave the plane before the door even opens up or approaching the gate to get off for arrivals, and then people stand up in the aisle of the plane waiting and waiting for the front passengers to leave the plane. I sit down, relax and wait my turn. I don’t just bud in and stand there like I am going to get off the plane any faster. I then locate my bag and I am off into the airport terminal.
8. Do not under any circumstances leave your bags unattended at the airport. Always have your hand on it and keep an eye on it. When you are flying solo, or with anybody, always a good idea to carry your carry on’s and handbags with you inside your bathroom stall and after leaving security check points, always lock your carry on baggage and keep your key in a safe place. —
Well, that is it, but I hope you did not find anything I said offensive, because I did warn you. Safe travels!