WARNING: This is not in anyway telling you how to go about your vacation, and telling you what to do and not to offend or point at anybody, this is just in general, these are just tips and advice, suggestions and my opinion as a well traveled person who has seen it all.
It has been a long winter in north parts of the world, and we just want to simply escape to hot sun destinations to the south. Some of you may have planned a trip, or are planning a trip, or have Gone to an all inclusive Vacation for the first, multiple, dozens and many times before, but some people just do not understand the concept of knowing how to vacation, using your time wisely, whether you are going for a week, 2 weeks or whatever the case maybe, but always make each moment count, and do not spend time sleeping in. I will explain why in my tips below:
1. I know a vacation to Sun Destinations and All Inclusive resorts are exciting and a time to catch up on some sleep, but your time is limited at resorts and every minute is precious. If you are going to sleep, put on your swimsuit, or some summer clothes and spend time sleeping on the beach, or pool side. Not in your room, unless its for personal reasons, but take in the sun, the outside, and enjoy the heat, and get your rest there.
2. Always pack sun screen and sun protection gear like after sun cream, Aloe Vera Lotion, Moisturizing cream, Lip Balm that has sun protection on it. It is very important to everyone, especially to those who burn, and not tan very easily. Check the SPF content on the sun screen SPF 30 or greater is the best bet. Preferably pack the spray kind, where Lotion can get messy.
3. Before you go to your resort and when you are on the plane heading to your destination, some destinations may have documentation to fill out, as soon as your flight attendant gives you the papers, make sure that you fill it out on the spot and carry a couple of pens with you and do it right away, so you do not fill it out at the airport at your destination and so you can quickly grab your checked bags, hand in your documents to the airport authorities, and then all you do is find your bus transfer or cab to your hotel so you can start your vacation quickly.
4. Time is very limited and you have a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks at a sun destination, make each second count, do not spend so much time in your room. You can do that when you get home, you are there to enjoy the sun, the beach, the outside, the warmth, the clean air. Just go shower, change, sleep for few hours, and get back up again and enjoy yourself. I know I have no right to tell people how to and what to do on their vacations, but you spend a lot of money for your trip. Make it worth while, and take advantage of the heat and great weather.
5. I know they say its all inclusive, its all you can eat buffet, all you can drink drinks, but I have seen people waste so much food, Its unbelievable and fill their plates up so much like a mountain, and then do not eat half of it. So many drinks that are left untouched, which then attract flies, and other bugs, that are left all around the resort. I have seen my fair share of vacationers just leaving plates of food on tables, drinks on the ground, on the sand. Portion your food, and to try something put a small piece on your plate and if you like it, you can go up again and get more, but try not to waste food. It is not good to waste food. That country you are in, in the Caribbean or somewhere else have so many people like the local residents of that country who are hungry and only live on quantity of food per month that gets delivered to them or have to get their water from a well or something. Bottom line is, do not waste. – Some locals make $15.00 a month and some $20.00 a month.
6. Some people make a big deal on getting the luxury suite, the gigantic room, ordering room service, and always staying in the room. Why go on vacation to a tropical destination, when all you will do is spend it all indoors? I don’t care as long as its a working good shower, good toilet, good bed, and clean room, and a place I can change quickly, and head back out, is all I care about really. All those other fancy things, is something that does not interest me one bit.
7. Always request to get a room safe. Some resorts have a fee, but its a good thing to spend money on. Some even give your deposit back. It is where you put your tickets, passports, wallets, cell phones, Ipods, and other personal items. Never ever leave your valuables hanging around in your room, always make sure your room is neat and tidy, clothes tucked away and not cluttered all over the place. Medications and important things should never be left out. Should always be in a bag and tucked. Before you leave your room scope it out and make sure not to have anything on the bed or beds.
8. Try to participate in something going on at the resort, like dance lessons, mini golf, disco, nightly entertainment, request info or go to the lobby desk and ask for the days activities or get information about the destination or something, mingle, meet people, make friends, and make your trip fun and enjoyable. Some people come back from trips and I Hear a lot about how miserable they were and how things weren’t as what they expected, make it happen, if people do not approach you, approach them, say Hi, or something. Have fun, unwind, and just make your vacation fun. Do not come back from your trip and tell people that you didn’t have fun or it was boring and not a good time…. Well, it all depends on how a vacation is spent. Some people just need to live a little, let loose and enjoy. Besides that is what you are there for.
9. If you want to get out from your resort, take a day out of your trip to just go out in the town, the attractions, if you want to buy things or get out and enjoy the town and see how people live, but limit your time. Remember some go for a week or 2 weeks or whatever duration. Make sure you always plan your days you are there and go with it.
10. Do not worry about star ratings, advisors. Besides you are the ultimate person who will do a rating for yourself. Just because another person had a problem, does not mean you will too. You make the decision, not what another person writes on the internet. Some can be lying and over exaggerate a problem that is not even valid. Some can go over the top. Judge the resort for yourself. Some people who rate resorts may have never even been there and they just go with what everybody else says, so be careful when reading rating comments on the internet.
11. Do not disrespect, treat your room maker, or any staff at the resort terribly, and demand things from them instantly. They are human beings too and only can do so much in so little time. Depending on the size of the resort and depending on a situation they maybe in, do not make it a world war, and fight. be respectful, and take it easy. Unless its something that is so terrible, take it up at the lobby and address the situation, but in a respectful and good tone. I know it took a lot of hard earned money to get there, but there is always the bottom line. Its not okay to treat resort staff in a disrespectful manner, then expect to be treated like royalty after. Not good and not appropriate.
If you have other questions about resorts, please do not hesitate to message me. Have fun, Make your vacation fun, and enjoy every moment.