In this day in age, some Airlines not to name them, but in the travel industry has drastically changed their ways in terms of quality service, taking away many great things such as dining options, and so much more. Some airlines still do just offer water, soft drinks, juice, coffee and tea on short flights and of course long flights, but a lot has changed and not for the better, but for the worst. Unfortunately it is not in the hands of the Flight Attendants, and other employees of those certain Airlines, but the ones who are high up in the Airline Travel Industry who govern and come up with these ridiculous ideas which to this day, don’t know how it has been approved. In a lot of Industries, Money and greed gets in the way of many things. Some airlines used to provide stationary napkins, disposable airline food plates, cutlery, giving candies, and other things, where headsets used to be complimentary back in the day. Nowadays, its very rare. Even now in US destinations they are charging to check bags in, and Carry on Baggage are getting heavier. Well, here are tips and tricks on Airline Quality that needs to come back. Besides we pay a lot of money for our trips, and to take us to our destinations, but Here are ways to improve it all:
1. US Destinations and all flight that go to the US, or get out from US, charge $25.00 or whatever the fee to check baggage, whereas passengers are making carry on baggage a lot more heavier, so they save on money. Besides the passengers pay enough for their flights and you would think that these airlines would offer checking bags as a service, not charging extra for it as it should automatically be a given. They do not think that people can boost US Economy by buying gifts and souvenirs, but are stuck for space because majority of the people just use Carry on to travel to those destinations. So people do not know what to pack anymore because of it. Ok $25.00 may not be a lot of money, but it is for others and nobody should have to pay that amount. They were doing well all these years without that fee, why out of the blue start with it now? Greed and Lack of service is the cause. More money in the CEO and executives pockets.
2. Say you are traveling from New York to California, which is a long flight of about 5 hours or so, These airlines do not offer complimentary dining anymore, you need to dish out more dollars to eat on a plane. They come around giving these small snacks to everyone, which has about 4 or 5 pretzels in it, or whatever it is. Nobody should have to dish out more money then what they paid for their flights to eat. It should be a given and a service that should be included. No matter the duration of flight, give passengers something.
3. Say you are traveling to Boston, Massachusetts from Toronto, Canada, but have to connect to say Newark, New Jersey which is more southern than Boston, which then the plane has to fly back north, whereas a flight from Toronto to Boston is about an hour and a half, which then becomes an all day event. It should not happen. Connecting flights, especially in the US. It is okay to connect flights in Europe and go to another destination from there, but if they are flights that are 30 minutes to 5 hours in length should not connect, especially those flights that go out of their way like say you are Flying to Florida From Toronto, but have to connect flights in Chicago which is more west, and then you have to take another plane to fly to Florida from there. It really does not make any sense to me. Its a 2 and a half hour flight from Toronto, Just take people there instead of having people get off the plane, to change terminals and gates and get passengers exhausted. — I know in situations, they need to fill up the planes, and get more passengers aboard, but whatever the case, People should be relaxed and comfortable. Not hussle and bustle through hundreds of airports to get to a destination.
4. When passengers board the planes, give the passengers a complimentary headset, or a keepsake with the Airline logo, candy, chocolate with the logo, a re-usable shopping bag with the airline logo on it, or something really nice for passengers. Besides we the passengers keep these planes flying and we are the ones who boost the travel industry. Without passengers, the industry will go bye bye, and we do not want that, do we?
5. Flight attendants, Ground Crew, Airline stewards, Pilots, Co-Pilots, and other employees are trained to do their jobs from how each airline operates their services, where the CEO’s, Supervisors, Managers, and those high up tell them what to do all the time, and tell them how to operate, but some Airlines I have traveled with, they do not smile, and the quality is not there as it used to be years ago. They work so hard and they should be appreciated more, Give them bonuses, give them appreciation because Airport, Airline industry is one of the hardest jobs to do, and when airports are bigger it takes a lot out of them with the many long hours due to delays, or other reasons. They deserve a lot of respect, and maybe the Airline Crew will smile, and feel more appreciated for the work they do with paying them to make ends meet and basically the passengers pay enough for their flights, so money management and using that money wisely to further improve quality of service is a must. Greed does not get anybody anywhere in life. Just makes things a lot more complicated.
6. Baggage handlers and those responsible for getting your bag to your planes, need to be more careful with peoples bags, and to make sure that checked baggage gets to the correct planes, and not left behind at airports, and to make sure that those bags get to their owners when they arrive at another airport. I have seen the way that these baggage handlers operate and it is not good. No wonder why some baggage gets lost, damaged, and does not make it to the other destination. Need to double triple check the luggage tags and where the destinations are, So that we do not run into problems with baggage all the time, and focus on energy on important things such as getting passengers to their perspective destinations safely with all their belongings.
What other ways can Airlines improve? I would like to hear from you and your opinions on how airlines need to change rules for the better and to make flying a fun, enjoyable, comfortable, relaxing and exciting thing for all travelers.
Safe travels and hope that your airline experience is a pleasant and happy one.