Do you ever wonder why it takes a long time to clean up after doing your cooking, baking and spending so much time after all that is done to clean, wipe mess, washing so many dishes and having to deal with a big mess after dealing with scrap of food left on the counter-tops, in the sink, or dropped on the floor? Are you looking for efficient ways to spend more time with your loved ones and less time in the kitchen preparing, cleaning, washing dishes and all that jazz?
Here are some tips and tricks to keep you organized in the kitchen and having a spic and span kitchen:
– When you know what you are cooking or baking, take out all the ingredients and food that you will use all in one section.
– Take out cutlery, cooking utensils, plates, bowls, cutting boards, pots and pans and have them ready.
– Foods, Veggies, Fruits, or other things that must be washed thoroughly and very well, wash them first before you turn on the oven or anything. before you wash them take out stems, and ends on fruits, veggies, and then throw all the scrap in the garbage before starting anything else, then if you see your counter-top dirty or cutting board. Give it a rinse and wipe down the surfaces while doing so. have a clean cloth.
– Wash whatever utensils, cutting board before you start to cook, so that you know not to worry about washing so many dishes at the end.
– When dealing with meats, have a separate cutting board or bowls to marinate your meats or however you want to cook it. Always a good idea to mix all your ingredients in a separate bowl then incorporate it with the meats so it will have an even flavour, then after you wash the bowl you mixed the ingredients with so that again less time washing later.
– Set up your table while the pan, pot is getting warm and hot and then that is where you start to cook. Now each time you put your food in the pan or pot or whatever, again wash the bowls that you put your food in and then all you need to do is just focus on cooking, then having to wash so many dishes before people come over, and having to clean up a huge mess in the kitchen. Have clean cloths ready and toss the other dirty cloths in the laundry hamper.
– When baking, it’s always a good idea to store your flour in a safe place so that you can just take it out, take the amount of flour needed then putting it back before you start any baking or anything. For safety reasons and for spill prevention all around. The sugar or baking powder that you use too. put everything back after using instantly.
– Now you want to give your guests your undivided attention and you want to spend as much time with them as possible right? So when you know they are coming over, always prepare things before hand and have things organized because if you start cooking, and everything when they are over, you will spend so much time in the kitchen and less time with your guests, family, friends or whoever comes over, so you want to prevent that and get organized with everything.
– It is a good idea to clean and wash left over dishes left from cooking or baking, then put them away and out of your sight so that all you need to wash are people’s plates, utensils and the cooking pans, pots which then shouldn’t take so long to do and when people ask would you like some help, include them into your cleaning process. gets done quicker and more time to relax later on.
Nowadays time is very precious and a lot of us deal with work, school, kids, family, friends, and this world has become so fast paced with everything like technology and its changed so much and we barely have time with our loved ones and the people who matter to us the most, and we want to do everything we can to make time and to save 10 minutes there, 5 minutes there, half an hour, so that is why I have come up with a method of cooking, cleaning in the kitchen so that you do not have to do it later and spend hours cleaning your house where you can spend hours with your family. I know with kids, pets or both can be a struggle to clean the house, but then again you gain more time with your family which is so important.
More tips, recipes and other things to come. Stay tuned.