Betty Marion White was born on January 17, 1922 in Oak Park, Illinois, United States.
She is known for her roles in Golden Girls, Hot In Cleveland, The Lorax, Lake Placid, The Proposal, Pound Puppies, The Lost Valentine, Community, The Bold and The Beautiful, My Name is Earl, Boston Legal, Malcolm in the Middle, My Wife and Kids, Annies Point, That 70’s show, Yes Dear, Teachers Pet, Ally Mcbeal, Ladies Man, The Lionhearts, The Naked Truth, Golden Palace, Bob, Empty Nest, Nurses, Carol & Company, Santa Barbara, The Love Boat, St. Elsewhere, Mama’s Family, Matlock, Mary Tyler Moore show, The Betty White Show, The Pet Set, Ellery Queen, The Odd Couple, That’s Life, Date With the Angels, Another World, Advise and Consent, Time to Kill, Hollywood on Television, Johnny Carson, With this Ring, Fame, Best of the West, Bringing down the house, The Match Game, and many more.
Betty white just recently celebrated her 94th birthday. She is an actress, entertainer, comedian, all-around an incredible and beautiful role model, an Idol to many.
Now, Here are some quotes that Betty White said from http://www.brainyquote.com that I compiled.
– It’s your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don’t take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find the humor in our everyday lives. And sometimes it can be a lifesaver.
– I had to make a major decision with myself because I just don’t think you can do both: try to have a baby career and raise it and have a baby baby and raise it. And to try to do justice to either one. It was a very conscious decision on my part not to have children – which I have never regretted.
– During the Depression, my dad made radios to sell to make extra money. Nobody had any money to buy the radios, so he would trade them for dogs. He built kennels in the backyard, and he cared for the dogs.
– I love words. Sudoku I don’t get into, I’m not into numbers that much, and there are people who are hooked on that. But crossword puzzles, I just can’t – if I get a puppy and I paper train him and I put the – if all of a sudden I’d open the paper and there’s a crossword puzzle – ‘No, no, you can’t go on that, honey. I’ll take it.’
– I think older women still have a full life.
– Animal lover that I am, a cougar I am not.
– I’m not into animal rights. I’m only into animal welfare and health. I’ve been with the Morris Animal Foundation since the ’70s. We’re a health organization. We fund campaign health studies for dogs, cats, lizards and wildlife. I’ve worked with the L.A. Zoo for about the same length of time. I get my animal fixes!
– Anger tears me up inside… My own… or anyone else’s.
– If you’re walking with your lady on the sidewalk, I still like to see a man walking street-side, to protect the lady from traffic. I grew up with that, and I hate to see something like that get lost. I still like to see that a man opens the door. I like those touches of chivalry that are fast disappearing.
– Why retire from something if you’re loving it so much and enjoying it so much, and you’re blessed with another group of people to work with like the gang on ‘Hot in Cleveland?’ Why would I think of retiring? What would I do with myself?
– I think a lot of people like hidden-camera shows where they think they’re spying on somebody who doesn’t know they’re looking at them. And nobody takes it seriously – you either enjoy it and get a laugh out of the reactions or not.
– Wilderness is harder and harder to find these days on this beautiful planet, and we’re abusing our planet to the point of almost no return.
– Long ago, I did a five-and-a-half-hour-a-day, six-day-a-week talk show for four years, early on, in Los Angeles – local show. And when you are on that many hours with no script, you know, you get very comfortable, maybe overly comfortable with that small audience.
– It’s a little-known fact that one in three family pets gets lost during its lifetime, and approximately 9 million pets enter shelters each year. That’s why it’s a wonderful thing to get your pet microchipped and registered with your contact information because then they can be located and the owners can track where their pets are.
– I enjoy being busy, I really do. Remember, I’m the stub end of the railroad. I have no family, so I’m not taking busy time away from people that I should be spending it with. So I’m just relaxing and enjoying it.
– If you have one good series, you know, it’s a blessing. Two good series is unusual. Three is a phenomenon, but right now, I’m working with these wonderful women on ‘Hot in Cleveland,’ and Valerie Bertinelli, and Wendy Malick and Jane Leeves are like, it’s like the buddy-ship we had on ‘Golden Girls’ and ‘Mary Tyler Moore.’
– My mother and dad were big animal lovers, too. I just don’t know how I would have lived without animals around me. I’m fascinated by them – both domestic pets and the wild community. They just are the most interesting things in the world to me, and it’s made such a difference in my lifetime.
– I think it’s your mental attitude. So many of us start dreading age in high school and that’s a waste of a lovely life. ‘Oh… I’m 30, oh, I’m 40, oh, 50.’ Make the most of it.
– The bottom line is, I’m blessed with good health. On top of that, I don’t go around thinking ‘Oh, I’m 90, I better do this or I better do that.’ I’m just Betty. I’m the same Betty that I’ve always been. Take it or leave it.
– Take personal responsibility. A lot of people go, ‘Well, I’ll get a dog because I have a kid and a kid needs a dog.’ And it doesn’t work out for that dog and the dog is on the street.
– Of course, nobody’s tearing my door down. If you’re successful you’re going to intimidate and scare off the people you’d like to spend time with. They’re not going to approach you. And the ones who do are often there because you are a celebrity.
All this and more on http://www.brainyquote.com