As the years and decades go on, years keep going by so quickly and time is just flying by. As another decade comes to an end, a new one begins. What are your expectations for 2020 and this new decade? What would you like to see the change in this world? What can we do to better our world? I have a few ideas in mind to share with you all on what we can do together to make this world a better place and to start off the decade right. Here are some of them:
– Be kind to each other and look out for one another.
– Spread love and cheer.
– Be patient, and do not rush your life and what you have to do.
– Spend more time face-to-face with loved ones and take breaks from screens, social media and online. come up with activities, fun things to do with your family and friends that do not involve technology and gaming. Our lives are being taken over by all that. Time to take a step back and evaluate our lives. Social Media and technology isn’t everything. Whatever happened to our brains and actually using it without apps helping us?
– Have actual meaningful conversations with people, interact and communicate vocally face-to-face. Develop your emotions, personality and come up with great things to talk about, use your mind, current events, and subjects to discuss.
– Reach out to lonely people, those who do not have a lot of friends, welcome them into your life and work to preserve friendships and relationships.
– Do positive things to help your local communities, get out there and be involved in inspiring, doing good deeds for others.
– Steer away from negativity, the drama that people create, and focus on positive things that can make a great difference in a person’s life.
– Stay away from Stupid and pathetic trends online that have no meaning, substance and a purpose. Always think before you get into it. chances are its not a good idea.
– Before commenting and passing judgment on others on social media, make sure before clicking on that submit, send or post button, that it is not rude and terrible. Always practice good thoughts. Hiding behind screens doesn’t make you entitled to be rude to others and to say mean things. Be careful. Words are far more hurtful than anything else. Take care of it and it will take care of you.
– Appreciate more about life, be grateful for people around you, cherish loved ones and never take anybody or anything for granted.
– Never take advantage of the goodness of people’s hearts, be good to kind-hearted, soft-hearted and great people in this life. Never treat them with disrespect. They will go to the ends of the earth, they will do anything and everything for you. Do not use them to your advantage and always be thankful and appreciate them. It is a rare thing in this world now to find generous people who do good things from their heart without expecting anything in return. That is so sweet and thoughtful of them.
– Money and material things are a necessity in our lives but do not think that is the only way to win a person’s heart. Don’t take advantage of people’s generosity.
– If you are a fake in this world, it is not a good trait. Be real, be who you are. Fakeness is not a great thing at all. Be original and do not put on a show and pretend. You will be caught sooner or later. Lies do come out. Steer far away from that.
– Say please, thank you, and develop good manners, do not be selfish, apologize for wrong-doings, admit your faults, respect each other.
– Have a great outlook on life, surround yourself with positive vibes, keep thinking good thoughts.
– Enjoy your life. You only have one. Do anything and everything you can before it is too late. Travel, enjoy the scenery, get out there and do things you wouldn’t normally do, create a to-do list and goals you want to achieve.
– We all go through problems in our personal lives, and we all deal with things in different ways, always a good idea to be nice and say good things to people all the time.
– Smile when you go out in public, hold the door for people going in and out, say thank you and you’re welcome, be patient when at restaurants, fast food places, be kind to your server and waitress and speak nicely, be kind to those working in retail, say thank you and appreciate people working and standing for those long hours serving you.
– Take care of the world, do not litter, help your neighbors around you, take care of the environment, and ultimately take care of yourself.
The list can go on and on. It is up to us people in this world to make the world a better place. The earth has life on it. It is important to take care of it, so it can take care of us. We only have one life to live. We should do everything we can while we are still living to do good things and to leave a great legacy to our loved ones and communities.
What are some of your ideas on making the world a better place? Please leave politics and religion out of your ideas, please. Everything else welcome. Thank you.