I know it is kind of crazy to even write about this, but growing up as a child and into my lower teens, I was always obsessed and loved the CN Tower a lot. Being able to get up there 2-3 times around those times was something so exciting, being able to experience the observation deck, the glass floor to see down to the street. I would see it from the 401, the Gardiner Expressway, The CNE, and a lot of places around the City of Toronto and downtown. Even from my Grandmothers balcony.
I still know the facts about the CN Tower by heart. I know its a free-standing structure and one would ask, how can someone be obsessed with a tower?
Well, I have always been and always will be sentimental and these things were and still is a big deal for me. CN Tower is one of the most important structures and one of Toronto’s major icons and that makes our skyline what it is. Every time I see it, go near it, it makes me think of my childhood. I have still kept all of the CN Tower stuff I used to collect from magazines and everything. I once had CN Tower Staff mail me a huge package full of Pictures, Facts, Figures and everything back in the day. I am not sure if they still do that now, but if you inquire it, you can e-mail them or contact them here, http://www.cntower.ca/en-ca/contact-us/contact-us.html… I wrote them a letter which I was a kid and I got my package a few weeks later. It was awesome. I still have that too.
I will forever love my City of Toronto and the CN Tower.
You can go to the tower with friends, family, schools and spend a full day at the tower and enjoy the sights, sight-see from the top of the tower, you can observe Lake Ontario, see our major highway arteries, buildings from the north, south, east and west.
Here are some facts/figures about the CN Tower:
– It is located at 301 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2T6 – In the heart of Downtown Toronto
– One of Ontario, Canada’s main attractions
– The height is 553 m which equals to 1,815 feet.
– It opened it’s doors in 1976
– it is 147 Stories high.
– It has been surpassed by the Burj Khalifa in Dubai
– John Andrews is the Architect of the Free Standing Structure.
– It is a marvel in civil Engineering
– There is an Antenna which broadcasts to over 30 fm/radio and television signals across Southern Ontario with an addition to wireless paging, cellular telephone service/signlas
– There is a restaurant called 360 and it is a revolving restaurant where it turns around in a circular motion.
– The CN Tower introduced a thrill called the Edgewalk, where you walk on the edge of the Tower up top and all that is holding you is a Harness. I have never tried it, but I would love to.
– The high speed elevator takes you up to the top in 58 seconds.
– There is the skypod, lookout level which is 33 more floors up
All this and more information about the CN Tower — Visit — http://www.cntower.ca/
Wikipedia — https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CN_Tower
Edgewalk CN Tower — http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca/
Things to do in Toronto http://www.toronto.com