This is for all those people who do not like winter at all, the many reasons that we can all understand with all the freezing temperatures, snowfall and well, you know the rest.
Here are 25 signs that we don’t like it at all:
1. We absolutely detest shoveling snow off our walkways and driveways
2. Cleaning the snow off the car is a problem
3. Snow, slush and salty roads lead to dirty floors, and disgusting residue that is absolutely a big task to clean and we go crazy over it — OCD and very super clean people know it especially.
4. Seeing the exterior of cars all filled with dirty slushy, saltiness – the interior, the car matts and carpet filled with disgusting winter stuff.
5. Absolutely dislike going grocery or any other type of shopping, taking bags to the car, filling up the car, taking it home, unloading in the freezing cold. Those people who walk to home too with shopping bags in their hands. Its absolutely a headache. You not only have to watch out for the bags, but you have to look on the ground to make sure you don’t slip and slide and fall all over the place.
6. Having 20 pounds of stuff on you to keep you warm. Jackets, coats, long underwear, scarfs, hats, mitts, gloves, boots, sweaters, all these uncomfortable things of winter time. Taking 10 minutes to put everything on.
7. Driving in the freezing cold when the heat in the car is on full blast.
8. having to go to a party or function dressed nicely underneath and you are freezing and sometimes you opt out of going places because you don’t want to leave your warm house.
9. Having to go to work or school in this season. Working outside in this weather and those who work in the transport industry hauling products, driving in these terrible snowy white out conditions.
10. When it gets so dark so quickly, you just want to be in bed by 7 or 8pm thinking and feeling like it is midnight already.
11. heading to the mall, other stores, restaurants, coffee shops and you walk in and the floors are like a sea of white salt and dirt from the parking lot from tires, car fumes, and well the dirt from the cement and asphalt.
12. just when you thought, you had finished shoveling or snow blowing, another 30 cm’s of snow falls the next day. You begin cursing and all the bad words start coming out. just like the line from a gangster movie (Just as I wanted to go out, they pull me back in).
13. When there is freezing rain and snow which makes it so much harder to walk and the risk of falling down on your butt is pretty high.
14. sharing the frustration and creating Hate Winter Clubs on social media is a valid thing to do and seeing that others share the same frustrations is so understandable. I created The I Hate Winter Club page on Facebook just for these points.
15. When sharing I hate winter memes and funny posts make things a little better for us who detest this season with a passion.
17. When you have to use a lot of windshield washer fluid to get rid of salt, grime, snow, and all that crap from the roads and other cars that splash all that on your windshield from driving.
18. Having to change your tires to snow tires.
19. having snow brushes and squeegees in your car.
20. When you put outdoor plans on hold for 5 to 6 months of the year.
21. When you can’t wait until March comes to welcome spring.
22. When you see others enjoying winter. saying in your mind “Are you crazy? You like this weather?” What is so good about it? Nothing can convince winter haters to start liking winter. It is not happening.
23. When you never participate in any Winter sports or activities. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
24. When flu/cold/cough season begins and you stock up on medications and tissues like no tomorrow.
25. When you see winter commercials on TV or ad’s on social media about winter, you start getting agitated.
What do you hate about winter?
What I like about winter is when it’s over.