A Delicious Middle Eastern Recipe. Dessert
We make this in our family during special occasions and among everything else throughout the year.
This one of our popular desserts.
- 1 1/2 cups semolina flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons flaked coconut
1 tablespoon baking powder
6 whole almonds, split in half
1 1/2 cups water
1 3/4 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons rose water
- In a medium bowl, mix together the semolina flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, yogurt, oil, coconut, and baking powder. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the water, 1 3/4 cups sugar, and rosewater. Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 or 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread the semolina batter into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Slice into squares or diamonds, and place on almond half onto each piece.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown. Switch the oven setting to broil, and broil until the top is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the oven, and pour the syrup over the squares. Serve warm.
Recipe Credits go to All Recipes Website. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/basboosa/detail.aspx