Since I was a child up until High School, I was emotionally and mentally bullied and I know what it is like to be hurt so badly, being put down, always making fun of me because I was different then everyone else and it was the most toughest times of my life. I didn’t have friends, I didn’t have what others had when they were with each other in groups when I felt left out and being an outcast 99.9% of the time. They were moments that I will never forget, no matter if I have moved on or not. It sticks with you, however I have learned to live past it and began doing positive things in life, to move forward and to stop dwelling on the past. I have been taking a lot of new approaches to this matter and I am going to begin my own social group where people come together from all walks of life and make new friends, interact with others and just figure things out, hear other peoples perspectives on social issues.
There is always a solution and some form of ways to end this terrible cycle going on. Bullying is a very serious problem and it does need to be rectified as soon as possible. It is enough of torment, disgusting behavior that needs to be addressed quickly before it escalates even further.
Now here are ways that we can all come forward to end bullying:
– Creating small, intimate, or large social groups amongst you’re community for those who want to make friends and gather together to create a lovely group of individuals who can relate to one another, creating activities, discussing issues, doing fun, interactive, communication, group work.
– In this modern day society the importance of making it a mandatory course/subject that must be taken and taught in schools and institutions, also the workforce on the prevention of bullying, cyber bullying, social media safety, communications course which should teach students/workers what not to do, what not to say to their fellow peers/colleagues.
– Teachers, Parents, Guardians, School Guidance Staff, School Principals, and as well as outside of school grounds must always be involved in securing our schools, Implementing tougher penalties, more 0 Tolerance in Schools and also the workforce of any type of bullying that should not be allowed, suspension and expulsion.
– tell a person you trust about your feelings, what you are going through and never keep it inside you. Always tell someone you can confide into. Do not wait long to tell someone. In fact tell someone right away.
– Advocate and be proactive in this issue, write to your local papers, attend meetings, start a blog, use social media as a powerful tool to send messages, hashtags globally and come up with your own ways to prevent bullying
– Read up on inspirational quotes, save them on your computer, print them out and scatter positive, happy quotes where you can see them easily, and begin the journey to a happy road ahead.
– Always surround yourself with positivity, good people, do happy things for yourself, and stay away from negativity.
We are on the right road and path to make bullying history, and to look forward to a positive, happy and bright tomorrow. So start today, you can make a difference in someone’s life. No matter how old they are. Bullying has no age as it happens to kids, teens, young adults, youth, adults, and the elderly. Lets end this cycle now.
— If you have more ways to prevent bullying, write them below in the comments section. Thank you.
Never forget to stand up and fight for yourself. A lesson I learnt from my experiences.
Reblogged this on Takeshi's Flight and commented:
When I give pieces of advice to my friends who often were bullied, I tell them to spend time in communicating with their inner selves.
talinorfali, Thanking you kindly for the follow to my blog. I’ve followed you as well after reading your post for today and some of the past posts you’ve made. Today’s post was wonderfully written, and carried with it so much heart. Take care & Happy blogging to ya…
I teach in a play school and every day the kids get new places to meet and talk to the kids in the class. A new kid at schools always given friends. Why can’t this happen in all primary’s schools that way everyone is given a chance to get to know every one. We have a get to know your table time where a teacher we three in a class sits by a table and say talk about this and a subject given. All kids are four years old
Hope my reply cam
If nothing is done it carries on to adulthood…I lived it..
As someone who was bullied very badly in middle school I can understand and support this post 100% some great ideas here!