After a long hiatus, I am heading back into the doors of my local Armenian community centres and churches. Time to return back and do more things and be active in the community. I have been so out of the loop lately. After going through many things of life in the last little while, I decided that it is time and its now. I need a new perspective on life and what matters to me the most. One of them is giving a helping hand and being there for my Armenian community. 2 more hands make a big difference and its something that makes me feel incredible. In the past I have accomplished, achieved and been through a lot with meeting so many people, then being globally well known in the Armenian Community is something so incredibly amazing and awesome. The ultimate was visiting my Motherland Armenia in 1999.
I have done so much for my Armenian community in the past and here are many to list…
– I have been in the committee for Jr. ACYOC
– I have been in the committee for Sr. ACYOC (Armenian Church youth Organization of Canada) for over 11 years.
– Assisted in St Sahag, St Mesrob Armenian Saturday School for 4 years. I have also attended from 1989-1999 which I graduated grade 8…
– Assisted in the Armenian Sunday School for 2 years.
– I have been in Nor Serount (New Youth) New Generation) Newsletter publication for 2 years
– Assisted with Communications/Social Media advertising for Holy Trinity Armenian Church Toronto for 2 and a half years
– Assisted with the Armenian Genocide commemoration in Ottawa for 3 years.
– for Bible Study sending out e-mails and being the communications director working with the priest and committee of Bible Study…
– Organized Armenian Camping trips of which one year I was the head of the team and brought over 70 people from Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, and other places to a Camping trip in Kingston, Ontario…
– Was part of Sassoun Dance Ensemble for a year.
– Went on a pilgrimage to Montreal in 2007 with the Armenian Church
– Participated in Many ACYOC Armenian Youth Sports weekends from 2003-2011
– Visited a Nursing home with Armenian Bible Study to spend time with the elderly.
– Assisted in Wrapping Presents for children with Armenian Bible Study at Childrens Aid Society
– Went to Vancouver BC for a sports weekend, then went to several meetings in Kingston, Montreal, and Ottawa…
More to come in the future. There is no stopping me now.
WOW ! You have really been active in the past, and I am gal that you are headed back again to be a part of what sounds like a vibrant community. =) Have wonderful adventures, cannot wait to hear what you are up to ! =)
Lovely day to you… =)
Well done Talin. I wish you will accomplish more 🙂