Hello, today is the day where the week of Delicious Armenian and Middle Eastern Food Recipes Kick off as I had stated a couple of days ago. I would like to start with Tabouleh Salad (TAB-OO-LEI). Without Further do, Here is the moment you have all been waiting for.
is a healthy and tasty salad served throughout the tables of Armenian, Middle Eastern People. It is important to incorporate
fresh parsley and mint when making this masterpiece we call tabouleh. Many traditional Lebanese and Armenian recipes for tabouleh use a
much higher proportion of parsley to bulghur. If you prefer this style more than the rest, increase the parsley to 3 cups as desired to your preference.
1 cup fine (#1) bulghur wheat
1 1/2 cups fresh parsley, chopped finely
3/4 cup cooked chick peas, chopped (Not necessary but if you like you can include this into it)
1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 large tomato, chopped to fine pieces
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped finely
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
salt to taste and to preference.
1. With the bulghur mix with 2 cup cold water and let stand 1 hour to slightly soften.
2. Press out excess moisture and water in strainer.
3. Wash parsley thoroughly, and then drain and pat dry with paper towels, remove the stems and discard, finely chop leaves.
4. Mix the parsley with the bulghur in a large bowl, add chick peas(optional), green onions, tomato and some fresh mint.
5. Combine the oil, lemon juice and salt, pour over tabouleh and mix thoroughly and constantly.
6. Chill well before serving in the refrigerator for over 2 hours or you have the tabouleh salad instantly. Depends on the time you have.
7. Spoon tabouleh into small bowls lined with lettuce leaves for presentation and you can decorate the tops too with any ingredient not chopped in the recipe above.
Serve with pita bread or you can just eat it like that..
If you can’t find #1 bulghur, use #2 (medium sized bulghur) instead.
Some people put that, but that is optional. from which I have heard before.
Thanks for the recipe. It is going into my recipe file.
thank You 🙂 love it
Thank you so much for sharing your recipes. It is wheat heavy, so, difficult for me to try. I will have to adapt. Thanks again.