Have you ever been in a situation where people come over and your not even ready with things to serve to people who come? Have you ever been in a situation when people come over and you don’t spend much time with them all because your in the kitchen preparing things? I am sure all of us have been through it all. Now I am here to give you some tips and tricks to spend less time in a kitchen and more time entertaining guests with your presence when they come over. Here are some tips:
1. Always have things in your home when you can take it out and serve like cookies, cakes, fruits, veggies, and snacking items. If your the one who likes making things from scratch, that is more better when it’s home made. It makes your guests feel like wow, they spent time to make this for us. which is a nice feeling.
2. Always have everything ready on the counter or on your kitchen table, if they want tea, just keep the water in a stove-top kettle or in a small appliance kettle which heats up water quicker and if they want coffee set up the water and the coffee and when they come, you just push a button, and then you just bring it over to your guests or have them come toward the kitchen area if you have space.
3. It is not a good idea to spend more than half the time in the kitchen. It is not a good way to entertain guests.
4. When people come for dinner, do not start on dinner preparations when they come over, have it all done, and set on the table. especially when it involves meats, chickens and stuff, make sure you have it all cooked and ready and all you need to do is take it out when they come. If your going to barbecue, make sure you prepare things before they come and all you need to do is just put the meat on the grill or whatever else and your good to go.
5. When people bring chocolates, dessert, coffee, or something else edible, or a gift for the house its customary and its a must to serve what they brought to you. Its respectful to open up their gifts they give you in front of them and thank them a few times while they are at your house, and find the perfect place for it in front of them. Unless they advise you not to open it, you can open it later, then that’s okay, but usually they would want you to open it up in front of them. They won’t tell you, but they will in other ways.
6. It is not a bad thing to ask for help to bring the trays to the table. Ask for help when needed just to bring over trays and help you pick up the stuff after. all it takes is a few seconds to have it all cleared right?
There you have it. Always put your guests first when they come over. Spending much time with them as possible and spending less time in the kitchen is very important. These little things you do, show a lot to others and when you do, they will want to keep coming back.
Have a great time!