Baking cakes is one of my favourite things to do in the Kitchen… Here is my recipe:
6 Large Eggs ( must be mixed very well before adding things to it) must be like a very creamy colour.
1 1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 Cup of Canola or Mazola oil
2-3 Cups of 1% Milk (Depending on the consistency)
1 1/2 to 2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
3 cups of Flour (Make sure the batter is not too watery not too thick – in between but more to the watery side, but a creamy effect to it)(Put each cup one by one. let one dissolve then put the other in and repeat)
1 Tbsp of Cinnamon (OPTIONAL- You do not really have to)
Mix all that together in a Cake Mixer Machine (Or Dough Mixer)
Mix all ingredients very well and keep doing that for about 10 minutes with all of that.
1. Get a Cake Baking Bowl or a Pyrex – Depending on the Batter Size. (Remember it will rise because of the Baking powder)
2. Spray the Bowl or Pyrex with Cooking Oil Spray – Covering the whole thing. do not miss spots.
3. Put the Cake batter (Let the cake batter Settle in…
4. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Celsius
5. Put the Cake in (cook for 45 minutes to an hour) depending on the strength of your oven. It may Vary so do check up on it from the oven window. If it starts to get golden brown on top it doesn’t really mean the inside is ready. (DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR – That will make the cake flat)
6 – You know it will be ready if you stick a Toothpick in the cake and you play around a bit then take it out and if you see it clear with no batter stuck to it, then it is ready.
7. Take it out, let cool for 20-30 minutes maybe an hour then serve.
Then you have the option of decorating it with sprinkles, icing, or anything you want or have it plain too.
Will make a great dessert after dinner, or if you have a dinner party or take it to someones house. Very easy..
Estimated Preparation/Cooking time is an hour and a half