I know in my previous article, i stated to write how to make mantee, but that will come up in next issue…
Meatballs with Yogurt is a favoured Armenian Dish.
Anyone can try it. It is a tasty dish, that is served at lunch or dinner.
Dried grinded Mint
1. mash the ground beef together, adding 1 or 2 cups of Fine boulgour and a little bit of salt to the meatball ingredients, then roll the meatballs to bite sized pieces.
WARNING: Do not put tooo much boulgour as the meatballs will come apart while cooking. Make sure the meatballs are soft, but a little hard.
2. have half a pot of boiling water
3. Get a bucket or 2 of plain yogurt, crack 1 egg into the yogurt in a mixing bowl, and add some dried grinded mint, and then add quarter cup lemon juice so the yogurt sticks together and doesnt break in the water and with the meatballs. PUT THIS IN LAST.
4. Cook meatballs for 5-10 minutes as it wont take long.
5. add the yogurt mixture in.. cook for 5 minutes and serve.
FOR FUN — Add some walnuts into the meatballs for a game. who ever gets the walnut, can win a prize or something. HAVE FUN with your food…
BY: TALIN ORFALI