Hello, Here is one of my favourite and easy recipes to make on a cold winters day. Red Lentil soup is high in Iron, and Goodness and very healthy to eat. This concoction is a hearty soup and its incredible… Here is how to make it.
You will need:
– 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Cumin
– 1 Cup of thoroughly washed Parboiled Rice – Make sure you wash it very well until water becomes transparent….
– 2-3 cups of Red Lentil — Make sure this is also washed 3-4 times.
– 1-2 teaspoons of salt — use as desired, but I do not recommend it to be too too salty, so use it to your discrection.
– 3-4 potato’s — chopped and diced — wash the potato’s as well — Use regular sized potato’s but not too big.
– 1 to 2 carrot sticks, washed and zested, but diced as well.
First you put the Red Lentils in the large pot to cook with the water, and bring it to a boil and make sure all the red lentils cook very well until you don’t see the lentils anymore just a light coloured mixture. Make sure there is enough water, then you put in the parboiled Rice, you let that cook for a good 10-12 minutes, but after 8 minutes of cooking the rice, put in the potato and carrots at the same time, then put in your Ground Cumin and Salt — Make sure the soup has enough water. keep adding water if desired, but make it hearty…. There you have it… RED LENTIL SOUP with Parboiled Rice, Potato and Carrots..
—– You can add Cooking Onions if you like into the soup…. that adds a bit more flavour… about 1-2 onions….