As Thanksgiving weekend has arrived and as I am thankful everyday not just this one day, I’d like to say thank you God for everyone in my life and everything. Thankful for having such a great beautiful family, beautiful friends, beautiful fans, and giving me my talents, and the special gifts in my life that keep me going. I do not care about the material things in life, all I care about are the people in it. You all are my gifts that make my life blossom. You all are my colorful flowers that make my world a beautiful place. I am grateful. Happy Thanksgiving, as everyday should be. God bless everyone and I love you all very much. I do not know what I would do without you all. I wish everyone great health, happiness and all great things of life. I am so blessed.
Pomegranates are one of my favourite fruits to eat and pomegranates can be used in so many ways as juices, a snack, salads and so much more. Pomegranates Originated from Armenia. Even though the Apricot is Armenia’s National fruit, but Pomegranates are equivalent to that. Pomegranates have so much nutrients and health benefits. You can get them at your local grocery store or specialty grocery stores. They are lovely fruits and I like them a lot. Well, here is how you make Talin’s Pomegranate Vegetable Salad.
You will need:
- 1 Red Onion – Chopped into Salad Size…
- 1 or 2 Romaine Lettuce – the full thing —- depends on how many people will be having salad.. Wash the romaine lettuce
- 2-3 Pomegranates — take the red seeds out — first before doing so, wash the pomegranate from the outside….
- Washed 1 Green Pepper — chop into salad size pieces.
- Half of a Cucumber or a whole one — Washed and chopped into salad size pieces.
- 1 or 2 tomato’s on a vine — washed and chopped into salad sized pieces.
- 2 or 3 Celery Sticks WASHED. Chopped into elbow macaroni like pieces but slightly bigger…..
- 2 Lemons washed skin — Squeezed ————— Mix this with the 2 ingredients below:
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2-3 sprinkles of SEA SALT
—- Optional — You can put Feta Cheese, A little Cracked black pepper, Black Olives…
*****Remember to wash all your ingredients very well and discard the ends.******
Just incorporate all the salad ingredients into a big salad bowl, then add the pomegranate seeds on top then the Lemon Olive Oil juice, then toss and mix the salad very well until all the ingredients incorporate with each other and there you have it. A HEALTHY SALAD.
They say that you shouldn’t eat pasta that much and that it is bad for you, but really it isn’t. Pasta is very nutritious for you and we always hear that pasta makes us super fat, well, its not always the case. I myself love pasta and I can eat it day in and day out. I try to make one or two pasta dinners a week whatever it is such as Penne Rigate, Orzo, Tagliatelle, Bucatini, Rigatoni, Regular Spaghetti. Now there is this Barilla Commercial that shows in Ontario of this lady cooking pasta and she is not satisfied with her brand of Pasta, so this good looking guy who is her neighbor sees her cooking and knocks on her door to give her Barilla Pasta and he doesn’t stay at the door and then the guy sees her enjoy her guests and he looks on and smiles and she smiles. Its so awesome. How come it never happens to me? I should get Barilla lets see if that will do anything for me. Well, enough of that, here is my Vegatable Whole Wheat Spaghetti.
Whole Wheat Spaghetti 375 G or 450 G — It can serve about 3 to 4 people.
4 Garlic Cloves
3-4 table spoons of Tomato Paste – Make sure you fill up well.
2 Red Onions Diced, Green Peppers Diced, Portobello or Regular Mushrooms, Red Peppers Diced — You choose the amount you like of each ingredient.
With 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil in a non-stick pan or deep wok, cook the Red Onions, then after it has cooked slightly put the Oregano, Basil, and 1 or 2 teaspoons of salt, then put in the 4 cloves of garlic mashed, then you get the tomato paste and mix it around and put some water but make sure not a lot of water. after that cooks together put in your vegatables. Let it cook for about 10 minutes. As that is cooking
put about 4-5 cups or more of Water in a separate pasta cooker —let the pasta water boil with the Salt and Olive Oil. — It is important to let the water BOIL First before putting in the Whole Wheat Spaghetti.
Now when the water has boiled, put in the Whole Wheat spaghetti. Becareful while doing so. Let it cook for a good 10 to 11 minutes on medium high.
After Mix the Sauce you cooked with the Spaghetti and Serve instantly.
Out of everything I have been through in my life, and trying to make sense of who are my true friends or not and among everything else, It is a hard thing to for some to make sense of it all. In life you will encounter so many different types of people and you will meet all sorts of people, but not everyone will be your friend. You just talk to people, not knowing their name or where they come from. It happens in spontaneous moments when your out in public, when you are traveling and people in school, work, or other places. Some people come into your life for a few minutes, you will meet and talk to someone for an hour or half an hour or whatever the case maybe, and then you part your ways. Its happened to me a lot and it is pretty cool that way too. You talk to someone and then you never see them again, but I remember once talking to someone at a coffee shop and then I saw that same person again 3 weeks later. We ended up coming in at the same time. I am a person who never forgets faces and who never forgets whom I have spoken with in person. She remembered me too. We had a few minutes conversation and that was it, and we parted our ways. We haven’t seen each other since, but maybe we will again. It is incredible how things happen in such a way where people who can relate to things end up meeting and talking, bu then never really become friends. I love spontaneity and things that just happen without planning. I feel that is one of the best ways to go.
You sort of have a gut instinct in you when the time is right and when the person is right to make friends with them. People have this feeling all the time when a person is right to ask their name and have a friendship with them. It has happened to me. I remember many times at my Armenian community center or when I am on my travels somewhere, you automatically feel, that person is appealing and you take a look in someones eyes and you see fake or real, and when you can really understand each other and relate, that is the type of friends you need. When you can relate to each other and when you can be there for each other in good times and in the bad, when you can have many things in common, share each others feelings, confide into each other. It the best type of friendships to have. Not so much the quantity of friends, but the quality of the relationship you have with your best friend or your closest friends. Its one special thing you all have in common together that nobody else will really understand your inside jokes, your humorous personalities, your outlook on life, the common interests, and finding a solid foundation to build your trust among your friends. it is always a good idea to really analyze and to really get to know people before you really jump into friendships quickly. Give it time to become best friends, or very close friends.
The worst thing you can do to someone is replace them, and feeling replaced by others and tossed to the side. Some people find good friends for a year or 2 or 3, and then you become an old part of their life, so then they jump into new friendships and toss you like yesterdays newspaper in the recycling bin. That is how I feel sometimes and it is not a good feeling. Find someone who will be by your side to understand you and your feelings and who will stay friends with you forever and ever and not leave your side after a year to 3 years of friendship. It is a crummy thing you can do to someone and that is not a good trait. Unless that person is not who you thought you knew and if things happen that are not good, then that is okay, but when you know you have not done anything to hurt someone and when you know you haven’t ever said a mean thing to that person or people, and get shafted, it is not a good thing. People need to realize that doing this is not good.
Be faithful and loyal with friendship, that will strengthen yourself and good habits will always be remembered. Do yourself a favour and choose friends wisely who will go to the ends of the earth for you and then naturally people will help each other and everything will fall into place. Just believe and do it. All the best in everything.
I just want to apologize to my fans, followers, readers of my blog that I have not been able to write much in the last few months and have missed quite a bit of days and sometimes a couple of weeks at a time. I had gone through some scary stuff these past few months as I had stated in my previous blog, but now I am here to stay and I will be blogging and writing a lot more frequently and most probably everyday. I will be writing a lot more content and a lot of happy and fun things. I am quite excited to write again and I finally can, now that chapter of my life is over with. Onto the next page. Will write more tomorrow. Have a lovely day and night wherever you all are.
This year of 2013, I went through a terrifying ordeal a few months back, and it was about my breast health. In March of 2013 I did a self-breast test and I felt a lumpy feeling, I thought okay, women get this sort of thing when their menstrual cycle comes around, but mine came and went and the lump was still there, so in April, I had a full medical examination from my doctor and I asked him to send me to have an ultrasound done, and so I went there and then they said that I need a surgical biopsy done of my left breast, and so the results came back a few days later stating that I do have a Benign Phyllodes Tumor which is Fibroadenoma, which happens to women who are 15-35 years of age and if left untreated, it can get bigger and harder to remove, so mine was caught in time because I saved myself the hassle in the long run. I did a self-test after I showered. It was something that I was really frightened about. I could not believe that this was happening at my age and I just jumped and had to get this problem corrected and for my future. I said at 28? How can this be?
I have always read that women need to do self tests. So at the end of June, 2013, I had my day surgery to remove the Benign Phyllodes Tumor and apparently it was about 8cm’s in length, then I had my final Day surgery Last month in September, 2013 to remove just a little bit of the tissue around so that it will never come back again. I did not stay overnight in hospital. I was in and out in a few hours. They put me to sleep, checked my blood pressure and everything else before I left to go home from hospital. I asked the doctor if I am at a higher risk in future in developing breast cancer, she said no. She said benign Phyllodes tumor happens and if it is properly surgically removed, there will be no risk. I am so relieved. It was the scariest thing I had ever gone through in my life. I automatically thought that I had the malignant kind and I lost weeks of sleep due to being so worried about the lump I found, but I thought too much and the results came back in my favour and it was a huge blessing. I felt at ease and I can sleep better at nights knowing that this is all over and I had my surgeries and I can go on with my life. in about a couple of weeks I will be visiting my doctor to discuss about my surgery and what happened.
I never really told a lot of my family members or friends about my situation, but I decided to write about it and share with everyone because this is something that cannot be kept secret, because I can be saving someone elses life and I can be preventing a serious health issue to others and give them this advice to go get assessed from your medical professional. Taking preventative measures is crucial.
Spreading and raising awareness on breast health is imperative and It is so important to get checked out, no matter how old you are. It does not matter if you are young or old. Things happen at all ages. It can save your life. Early detection can save you big time. Monthly do a self test, look at your breasts in the mirror before or after you take your shower, if you feel like the shape, colour, and the feeling of your breast is not right, have it checked out right away, if you feel extra sensitive after your periods and warmth or prickling like an orange peal, or nipple discharge or unusual pain again have it checked out. It could be other health problems too that need to be addressed and dealt with accordingly not necessarily in relative to your breasts. It can develop in 1 or both of your breasts and either left or right.
Health is the most important thing above anything else. without it, we have nothing. Health is wealth.
Be aware always because I care about everyone and their best interest. I wish you all the best . My thoughts and prayers to women who are going through the tough one right now.
Do you ever wonder why it takes a long time to clean up after doing your cooking, baking and spending so much time after all that is done to clean, wipe mess, washing so many dishes and having to deal with a big mess after dealing with scrap of food left on the counter-tops, in the sink, or dropped on the floor? Are you looking for efficient ways to spend more time with your loved ones and less time in the kitchen preparing, cleaning, washing dishes and all that jazz?
Here are some tips and tricks to keep you organized in the kitchen and having a spic and span kitchen:
- When you know what you are cooking or baking, take out all the ingredients and food that you will use all in one section.
- Take out cutlery, cooking utensils, plates, bowls, cutting boards, pots and pans and have them ready.
- Foods, Veggies, Fruits, or other things that must be washed thoroughly and very well, wash them first before you turn on the oven or anything. before you wash them take out stems, and ends on fruits, veggies, and then throw all the scrap in the garbage before starting anything else, then if you see your counter-top dirty or cutting board. Give it a rinse and wipe down the surfaces while doing so. have a clean cloth.
- Wash whatever utensils, cutting board before you start to cook, so that you know not to worry about washing so many dishes at the end.
- When dealing with meats, have a separate cutting board or bowls to marinate your meats or however you want to cook it. Always a good idea to mix all your ingredients in a separate bowl then incorporate it with the meats so it will have an even flavour, then after you wash the bowl you mixed the ingredients with so that again less time washing later.
- Set up your table while the pan, pot is getting warm and hot and then that is where you start to cook. Now each time you put your food in the pan or pot or whatever, again wash the bowls that you put your food in and then all you need to do is just focus on cooking, then having to wash so many dishes before people come over, and having to clean up a huge mess in the kitchen. Have clean cloths ready and toss the other dirty cloths in the laundry hamper.
- When baking, it’s always a good idea to store your flour in a safe place so that you can just take it out, take the amount of flour needed then putting it back before you start any baking or anything. For safety reasons and for spill prevention all around. The sugar or baking powder that you use too. put everything back after using instantly.
- Now you want to give your guests your undivided attention and you want to spend as much time with them as possible right? So when you know they are coming over, always prepare things before hand and have things organized because if you start cooking, and everything when they are over, you will spend so much time in the kitchen and less time with your guests, family, friends or whoever comes over, so you want to prevent that and get organized with everything.
- It is a good idea to clean and wash left over dishes left from cooking or baking, then put them away and out of your sight so that all you need to wash are people’s plates, utensils and the cooking pans, pots which then shouldn’t take so long to do and when people ask would you like some help, include them into your cleaning process. gets done quicker and more time to relax later on.
Nowadays time is very precious and a lot of us deal with work, school, kids, family, friends, and this world has become so fast paced with everything like technology and its changed so much and we barely have time with our loved ones and the people who matter to us the most, and we want to do everything we can to make time and to save 10 minutes there, 5 minutes there, half an hour, so that is why I have come up with a method of cooking, cleaning in the kitchen so that you do not have to do it later and spend hours cleaning your house where you can spend hours with your family. I know with kids, pets or both can be a struggle to clean the house, but then again you gain more time with your family which is so important.
More tips, recipes and other things to come. Stay tuned.